Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the monthly closing process of multiple clients and manage small team of accounting professionals in India and USA.
- Supervise the contracts management team to ensure fiscal requirements for grants and contracts are identified, realized and monitored, along with proper accounting of restricted grants.
- Maintain a monthly calendar and checklist of due dates for financial statements and contracts deliverable.
- Manage work flow and communication among departments and assist with problem solving to ensure timely financial reporting.
- Independently solve problems and execute basic process improvements
- Review complex entries, other required journal entries and adjustments for accuracy and completeness.
- Generate monthly financial statements and edit/update line items as needed.
- Maintain and coordinate the completion of supplementary account schedules for financial reporting.
- Perform final review of monthly financial statements and corresponding variance analyses.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of financial and regulatory audit schedules and supporting documentation.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and coordinate successful completion of annual fiscal audit(s)
- Review schedules for the OMB A-133 Audit and 990’S
- Conduct staff trainings and semi-annual staff performance reviews
- Review and or prepare other required client reports required by outside entities.
- Assist senior management with special projects.
In order to be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required
Knowledge: Excellent command of general accepted accounting principles and internal controls. Must be able to quickly learn and understand client organization and account structures; as well as supervise and perform general ledger transactions and complex ongoing business and financial analyses.
Accounting System & Desktop Experience: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; advanced experience with accounting and reporting software - experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Microsoft Great Plains) and Microsoft FRx a plus.
Supervisory Background : Supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to motivate staff, work effectively with colleagues and report upstream effectively.
Quality Control: Demonstrates and values accuracy, thoroughness, and organizational ability; explores ways to improve the quality of financial data and reporting as well as enhance the efficiency of internal and client financial processes.
Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience with overall financial statement preparation in a controller position; advanced degree a plus. Previous supervisory experience required.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information adroitly; demonstrates the ability to work well in group problem solving situations.
Education: Accounting degree and CPA required, MPA, or MBA designation a plus.