Barnes Aerospace seeks a talented, self-driven and high- energy individual to serve as Controller for its East Granby MRO division. This will be a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right candidate who will contribute as a member of the local leadership teams adding input to business decisions. The Controller will be responsible for identifying ways to maximize our operating efficiencies and increase productivity and profitability of our business. If you are a disciplined and collaborative individual with effective leadership skills, demonstrated understanding of Lean who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can focus individual and team energies to deliver results, you may be an excellent candidate to join our team.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Provides leadership and direction in the daily management of all General Accounting activities. This includes ownership of the monthly financial closing and the provision of all related financial reporting for the division in accordance with GAAP as well as short and long term planning and budgeting, the Capital Asset Acquisition Request (CAAR) process and inventory management. Reinforces integrity and insures compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements through appropriate internal controls.
- Formulate data to measure actual financial performance of the businesses, including monthly reports to assist the Finance Director in advising the division management team to ensure best financial results.
- Work directly with division leadership to identify/promote continuous improvement and Lean initiatives in operations, asset management and productivity programs to maximize operating efficiencies and profitability.
- Work closely with the Strategic Business Unit and Corporate Finance to ensure that there is adequate documentation, process flows and support for SOX 404 compliance.
- Leverages broad-based understanding of key business fundamentals to drive financial health, improve operating efficiencies and profitability. Seeks out and seizes opportunities for cost reduction through process, policy and practice initiatives
- Acts as consultant to various functional areas of the division with regard to financial issues.
- Leads, develops and motivates a team of finance and accounting professionals by empowering and encouraging initiative, requiring high quality, communicating openly and honestly and providing regular and fair performance feedback
- Minimum of eight to ten years of experience in accounting with at least three years of accounting and managerial experience in a mid to large size, publicly held, manufacturing company (or division thereof). Experience at a ‘Big 4’ or ‘Tier 2” accounting firm preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and working in a SOX environment is required. Understanding of lean principles and techniques preferred.
- Persuasive leadership skills and superb technical accounting skills to coach, guide and motivate the accounting team as a valued resource to the organization. Strong competencies in emotional intelligence, leadership, continuous improvement, and business acumen.
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and develop people as well as drive process improvement is an advantage.
- Impeccable integrity; Superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization.
To be considered for the above position, please visit our website www.BGInc.com , click on Careers, search for the job posting in which you are interested and submit your resume online.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting. CPA, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 17 months ago