Direct the financial activities of Blommer Chocolate Company, East Greenville location. Coordinate financial information with peers at the other sites. Prepare post, balance and reconcile general ledger accounts. Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and required management reports according to established time lines. Conduct analysis of the financial reports and identify unusual or questionable results. |
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS:
- Compile and analyze the monthly financial transactions to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts to subsidiary ledgers for month-end and year-end.
- Review monthly financial statements for accuracy and prepare analysis on key points for management review.
- Review accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions regarding accuracy of posting journals.
- Audit contracts, orders and vouchers prior to settlement.
- Coordinate the month-end and year-end closing and audit process for assigned location. Prepare all schedules required for the yearly audit.
- Provide support to department managers in development of annual budget and monthly budget expense evaluation.
- Prepare and produce various reports for management regarding operating performance.
- Analyze cash liquidity and borrowing position utilizing cash management spreadsheets.
Staff Development & Management (30%)
- Manage the administrative accounting staff including credit, accounts receivable, accounts payable, staff accountant.
- Ensure proper training and cross training within the accounting department.
- Provide leadership for employees through effective communication, coaching, training and development. Ensure functional area goals are aligned to strategic goals. Act as model of Blommers core values in the treatment of employees and customers.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Seven years hands-on experience in accounting, preferable within a commodities manufacturing or trading environment with three years managerial experience. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple functions and supervisor a broad range of staff.
Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and income tax working knowledge; ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, knowledgeable in developing and using spreadsheets.
Communication – strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication of complex issues in an effective manner; self motivated
Analytical/Financial Knowledge - strong analytical and forecasting skills; strong reasoning capability; detail orientated with high level of accuracy
Organization & Planning – highly organized, detail orientated; able to multi-task, work on multiple activities; strong time management
Problem Solving – analytical problem solver with strong ability to interpret and analyze data
Industry & Market Knowledge – knowledge of exchange based derivative products and risk management/hedging principles