Bowman Consulting, a leading US engineering firm, seeks a full-time Controller who will be responsible for leading the day-to-day Accounting, Cash Receipts, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions.
We are looking for a dedicated professional who wants to be part of a fast-paced, growing firm. Candidates should have excellent leadership, communication, relationship building and problem solving skills with a strong work ethic and commitment to perfection.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review bank and general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and financial reports on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Supervise team members responsible for Cash Receipts, A/P, and Payroll functions.
- Maintain accurate books and records in accordance with GAAP. Ensure supporting documentation is readily available for review.
- Identify, research and resolve corporate accounting, auditing and operational issues.
- Project cash flow needs for the Company.
- Provide guidance and support in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Develop, analyze and communicate internal monthly financial statements on a timely basis.
- Serve as primary contact with external auditors during year-end audits.
- Accountable for coordinating, reviewing and filing annual federal, state and local reports and tax returns.
- Assist VP of Accounting and CFO with special projects related to acquisitions as well as process improvements for the financial operations of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA with a thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is desired.
- Proven leadership and coaching skills, a minimum of 5 years’ experience required.
- Experience within Engineering or Construction industry desired.
- Experience in Deltek Vision a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills needed with experience in MS Query a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
Bowman Consulting Group - 10 months ago