The Controller is a key member of the development team and will report directly to the Vice President for the Austin Division and in addition to regular responsibilities will provide feedback, advice and guidance to create a financially viable operation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• The design and maintenance of financial systems and internal controls
• Operational reporting and analysis
• Day to day accounting, including the recording of sales and payment of receivables
• Assisting with ongoing project financing. These responsibilities will be carried out through the completion of specific tasks, by acting with others in a team environment, as well as by directing and supervising staff responsible for completing specific tasks.
• Responsible for the development of accounting department staff through training, mentoring and periodic progress reviews.
• Develop a team building relationship within the Accounting department and other departments throughout the organization.
• Assist with miscellaneous projects as required.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Accounting degree and 5-7 years of progressive experience leading into a controllership level position.
• Proven knowledge of the home building and land development process.
• Strong accounting knowledge and proven analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task within a growing environment.
• Proven communication and leadership skills to provide financial and analytical support for the division.
• Your proven interpersonal and communication skills allow you to build strong working relationships, internally and externally, helping you to consistently achieve your objectives.
• Your attention to detail ensures quality is never compromised.
• You’re a highly motivated team player who is positive, works well with others and is comfortable working in a complex and performance oriented environment.
• You have the ability to prioritize in order to plan, organize and execute on deliverables.
• You have the ability to manage multiple activities or projects at the same time.
• You are able to work effectively in high-pressure environments.
• You have high standards of corporate image and a strong desire to build the Company brand.
- 2 years ago - save job
Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. is a North American land developer and homebuilder, active in ten principal markets with over 100,000...