Individuals who enjoy complex accounting issues.
People who enjoy challenging turn-around situations.
Scope of this Position
- Executive level position is responsible and accountable for financial reporting to asset manager and Management Company, accounting controls, and accounting systems for Cheyenne Mountain Resort and Country Club of Colorado.
- Implement and oversee tight financial controls throughout the resort.
- Report financial results to owners and management in accordance with hotel Accounting Principals each month.
- Develop annual budget procedures and guidelines each year.
- Schedule and conduct annual audit.
- Direct the daily, weekly and monthly reporting process in compliance with Management and Ownership requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasts.
- Direct control of costs and expenses in all areas. Task master.
- Oversee compliance of local, state and federal laws.
- Oversee risk management program, including all insurances.
- High degree of owner contact.
- Oversee financial training of all management.
- Position will be responsible for supervising/managing/overseeing the following departments: Accounting, Purchasing, IT
- In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least the following departments or positions: Hotel/Resort Controller
- Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Five years experience in Resort or Conference Center Accounting.
Solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
Work closely with Front Office, Reservations, Sales, and Catering Department to assist them in identifying optimum ways to drive revenues while balancing market segments.
Actively involved in yield management and revenue enhancement.
Prepare budgets and projections.
Oversee consolidation of budgets and projections.
BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent.
- Responsible for IS/MIS, Telecommunications, and Purchasing.
- Prepare and review daily reports.
- Identify and recommend software applications.
- Review leases, contracts, agreements, subcontracts, and licenses from Accounting perspective.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Participative management style.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion.
- Coach employees how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computers.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Excellent cost control skills
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Forecasting skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Hospitality Administration including managerial and intermediate accounting credits desireable.
Highly competitive salary based on experience
Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry
- Free Parking
- Employee Funded 401-k
- Educational Assistance
- Full Use of Resort Amenities
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard