The Controller is responsible for ensuring overall compliance with applicable governmental and nongovernmental laws and regulations as well as with the Company’s internal policies and procedures. This position performs compliance research, analysis and audits in order to monitor and enforce compliance. This position serves the corporate office in Las Vegas, NV.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs internal audits to evaluate compliance with company policies and procedures, government regulations, the Standards of Business Conduct program's requirements, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ensure compliance with applicable governmental policies to include the impact of regulatory changes on internal policies & procedures.
- Ability to develop or revise company policies and procedures in support of accounting functions and maintaining automated software procedures to support audit engagements.
- Interpret FAR and CAS and apply to issue resolution.
- Provide internal guidance on Government Compliance topics covering allowability and allocability of costs.
- Prepare/review audit work papers/files that are accurate, complete, and consistent with auditing standards and record retention requirements; identify operational deficiencies or inconsistencies with the Company's goals and objectives
- Prepare Incurred Cost Submissions to include analyzing G/L transactions.
- Review and maintain CAS Disclosure Statement.
- Assist in developing rate and cost impacts due to change in current Company performance, forecast and cost accounting practices.
- Eight or more years of related experience with a minimum of five years experience in compliance or internal auditor’s role.
- Strong comprehension of FAR, CAS, DCAA CAM, GAAP, auditing standards and risk and control methods.
- Ability to communicate with external auditors and support their initiatives effectively. Experience interacting with DCAA is a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Advance knowledge in MS-excel and other Microsoft products.
- Ability to use and understand Company’s accounting system and report writer systems. Experience in Deltek Costpoint a plus.
- Travel at least 20% of work time.
Other Job Information (if applicable)
- BS degree in accounting, finance or business administration. CPA is a plus.
- 2 years ago - save job