Just 75 miles from the bustle of Washington, D.C., Shenandoah National Park is your escape to recreation and re-creation. Delaware North will provide the lodging, retail shops, food and beverage and other commercial services to visitors throughout the park. This is a seasonal opportunity.
Responsible for overseeing all financial and reporting functions for the unit including accounting, payroll, annual plan, audit assistance and cash management.
In conjunction with the GM and Corporate Accounting Department, provides unit management with financial analysis of the operation.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including supervision of accounting and cash room personnel; preparation, review and approval of: Daily Sales Report, accounts receivable, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Ensures paperwork gets processed accurately, timely, with correct numbers.
- Also responsible for analyzing and reporting variances, monthly financial projections, month-end accounting duties, oversees audit requirements and cash management
- Prepare reports which outline unit's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings; provide proper preparation of statements after consultation with appropriate Corporate Management.
- Communicate with various corporate headquarter departments including accounting, financial planning and analysis, in exchange of information.
- Work closely with these departments to identify and resolve issues.
- In conjunction with GM, coordinate and direct the preparation of the annual plan budget and financial forecast
- Analyze and interpret accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the unit
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Analytical abilities, good planning & organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to communicate with management regarding financials
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software
- Operations Experience, especially in a hospitality environment, helpful
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.