About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a Controller to join our Executive team at our Desert Princess Golf Resort. The Controller is responsible all finance activities related to budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts. In addition, the Controller completes all accounting activities related to income auditing, cashiering, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance, payroll and month end processing so as to ensure financial controls, accurate reporting and hotel profitability.
Key responsibilities of the Controller include:
• Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labor management, payroll, etc.
• Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting
• Performing daily income audit processes including reviewing ledger details daily for guest, city and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue postings
• Processing timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll, including time edits, tip declaration, gratuity distributions and incentive disbursements in compliance with state and federal labor laws
• Reconciling cash and credit card deposits
• Preparing an accurate and strategic annual budget as well as monthly forecasts, through GOP
• Maintaining checkbook accounting system for all departments to determine purchase approvals and manage spending limits
• Reconciling operating and balance sheet accounts
• Completing comprehensive month end close by the sixth of the month
• Managing hotel’s capital expense budget and reconciling expenditures
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Hotel Controller at a property of similar size and quality
• Experience with budgeting, forecasting, profit and loss reporting and balancing ledgers for operating and balance sheet accounts
• Aptitude for performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions
• Ability to use logic to define a problem, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information and deal with abstract variables for unique or unfamiliar situations
• Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas
• Computer skills (Microsoft Office and strong Excel skills)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Evolution Hospitality - 13 months ago
Rancho Mirage, CA
- 14 hours ago
Cash Room Clerk
Palm Springs, CA
- 5 days ago
Indian Wells, CA
- 6 hours ago
The Doral Tesoro Hotel & Golf Club is a North Ft. Worth hotel that perfectly blends stylish design and a fashionable urban atmosphere....