FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Controller, in Research Triangle Park, NC.
As a key member of the FHI 360 management team, the Controller provides senior leadership and coordination of organizational core accounting functions. Ensures company accounting procedures conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Directs and manages the Accounting department with responsibility for stakeholder management, strategic initiatives and prioritization of projects. Provide leadership and innovative approaches for strengthening the organization’s financial position. Internal client support includes constant communication and collaboration with the Program Management (Chief Operating Officer’s global team), Global Collaboration Committee (GCC), Executive Management Committee (EMC) and the Board. The individual should also be adaptive and flexible as the needs of the organization will continue to be refined due to the changing environment of FHI 360. Experience and expertise working in a global, matrix environment as a change agent that can effectively influence others is critical. Significant senior leadership in an international, project-based, highly regulated, mission driven global organization is essential.
Primary leadership of all activities relating General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Billing and Revenue Recognition, Financial Statement preparation. Monitor GAAP and USG accounting rules, act as primary liaison and management of all external (USG, Accounting Firm, IRS) and internal audits (in collaboration with the Office of Compliance and Internal Audit).
- Management of global Accounting operations, including a team of up to 50 professionals in an international setting.
- Coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions with Finance Leadership.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to provide accurate and timely information to set benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of business sectors and departments.
- Collaborate with Finance Leadership to provide for the preparation of organizational financial reporting and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for investment decisions.
- Evaluate and advise on long-range planning, new programs/strategies and regulatory action and trends
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Oversee financial management global operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Direct a program of enhancement and/or development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures that will serve constantly to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation and divisions.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Lead and/or serve on various committees and teams both internal and external to FHI 360.
- Provides performance management, mentoring, training and personal development to staff to ensure personal and career development and customer expectations are jointly achieved.
- Primary responsibility for maintenance of a state-of –the art Enterprise Financial System.
- Act on behalf of the Chief Financial Officer, when necessary.
- Ability to contribute to all other functions within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, including Cost & Pricing, Financial Systems, Financial Management and Budgeting, Treasury, Policy & Procedure Harmonization, Operations Finance.
Frequent travel to Washington, DC, occasional International travel
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of unit/division/departmental goals and/or objectives, reports, etc., as it relates to organization’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Ensure financial policy and procedure development execution
- Represent FHI 360 internally and externally to government agencies, funding agencies and general public
- Support FHI 360 priorities by ensuring accurate and timely information flow to Program Management, Global Collaboration Committee (GCC), Executive Management Committee (EMC) and the Board.
- Identify and promote “best practices.”
- Remaining current on current government accounting, CAS and FAR regulations.
Experienced leader and financial executive with significant experience in government contract accounting, preferably in an international environment
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting Government Accounting, CAS and FAR regulations. Intimate knowledge of working with Contracts, Grants, and Cooperative Agreements according to USG and international donor organizations regulations
- Ability to travel internationally and work and communicate constructively in multiple geographic and cultural settings.
- Ability to articulate and influence informed recommendations and initiatives to Chief Financial Officer and the Executive Management Committee.
- Strategic, and hands-on, experience with major ERP or Enterprise Financial Systems, particularly Deltek Costpoint.
- Significant experience with USAID, CDC, NIH, World Bank, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, AUSAID, DFID and other international or domestic donors and foundations is strongly desired.
- Significant experience in a non-profit organization is strongly desired.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
- MS/MA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and 10-15 years of related experience that includes a minimum of 7 years supervisory experience.
- CPA or Internationally equivalent required.
- Proven leadership, specifically in the international development (government contracting) environment at the Controller level or above is required.
FHI 360 - 19 months ago
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.