Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Amazon.com. As the Controller, your primary role will be to manage the accounting and finance function, as well as participate as a key strategic partner. The Controller must have a CPA and accounting experience in the tech industry dealing with manufacturing, distribution, retail, and eCommerce. ERP system implementation and public company experience are also preferred.
Essential Job Functions
• Full responsibility for management of the accounting, finance, tax (income, sales, and payroll), and administrative functions and participation as a key strategic partner.
• Lead the development of the corporation’s financial function and implementation of internal controls.
• Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, job cost analysis and financial trends in order to assist senior leadership in performing their responsibilities.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and action steps.
• Provide strategic financial input regarding potential vendor alliances as well as investments.
• Review and approve contracts into which the corporation may enter.
• Undergraduate degree in accounting is required and an advanced degree is preferred; CPA is required.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of senior financial/accounting leadership.
• Person must be a hands-on, proactive, assertive, take charge person.
• Complete general ledger knowledge and multiple year-end financial closings including participation with external auditors and tax accountants.
• Strong planning and process development skills.
• Ability to create and generate financial reports necessary to monitor business performance.
• Highly proficient in QuickBooks, Excel, other Microsoft Office and business software.
Fuhu, Inc. - 15 months ago
Fuhu, Inc., creators of the nabi Tablet, Fooz Kids and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, and services...