Controller – |
, with over 4,100 employees and operating in 35 cities in North America, is one of North America’s largest parking operators.
is a growing parking management company with a diverse workforce and an environment that fosters both personal and career growth. Our goal is to continue to develop and expand both our Company and our people.
At Impark, successful people are those individuals who believe, as we do, that people make the difference when it comes to customer service and innovation. We offer a competitive benefits package and exciting perks such as educational assistance, and 401k Savings Program.
We are looking to add to our talent pool by bringing in enthusiastic, career-minded individuals with an entrepreneurial flare and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
is responsible for the overall financial reporting, accounting cycle and administration, as required for the Philadelphia Region. They must insure that all reporting requirements and deadlines, both internal and external are met.
- Supervise Philadelphia region LL Accountants (2)
- Ensure accounting in adherence to GAAP and company accounting policies and procedures by staff and all statements and reports issued
- Completion of Direct staff in monthly accounting close and related reporting , in a timely manner according to established deadlines
- Interpretation of Contracts and their accurate reflection in accounting records and LL reporting
- Responsible for the establishment and review of internal controls and related reporting including ensuring appropriate approvals, coding, management reports, lot set-up, lot closures, and lot amendments.
- Authorize and ensure monthly landlord reports, lease and advance payments are timely met as requested.
- Day After reporting for region Branches with accurate and financially relevant variance analysis
- Review and/or preparation of monthly Balance Sheet packages for accuracy and integrity with effective staff training and follow up
- Preparation and review of quarterly variance reports
- Work with Operations Staff on the following:
- Landlord Concerns
- Control and audit issues
- Variance to AOP and forecast
- Wage and Job Cost updates with US Payroll manager
- Regular review of operating results and management reporting
- Assist in training and review on pertinent management reporting
- Assist with training as required on Impark financial systems
- Assist with Budget preparation for client lots
- Review with Branch General Managers timely submissions and reasonability to the Annual Operating Plan and Forecasting reporting module
- Assist and review various Philadelphia region AOP reporting requirements
- Liaise with various Landlord Contacts for specialized financial analysis reporting requirements as well as attendance at meetings as requested.
- Liaise with Impark Treasury department in support of local banking relationships and manage and authorize EFT transfers on-line
- Update Impark business systems following appropriate controls and procedures including.
- CMS/LIS add/modify new lots as contracts are added with Corporate review and approval
- Budget and Forecasting systems
- Ensure security access is appropriately granted and mapped properly to branch personnel for Impark systems
- Approve and ensure timely and accurate submission and reconciliation of various filings and taxes to Federal and State Governmental Agencies.
- US Corp 1120C, PA RCT 101 and City of Philadelphia BPT Tax returns for certain clients.
- Quarterly sales tax for Transportation For-Profit clients
- Ensure Company Policies, Procedures and Controls are followed by the various Operations and Accounting personnel
- Develop and recommend as needed processes and procedures to ensure adherence to best practices
- Act as resource for proper accounting treatment of operation/branch entries
- Responsible for overall supervision and direction of staff within the Accounting Department : Set and Monitor Goals for Subordinates
- Approval of duties
- Staffing requirements
- Recruiting and Training
- Vacation Administration
- Coordinate & Assist with various Branch & Lot Audit Requirements and annual external auditors (client and company) review
- Investigate any System related issues
- Ensure accurate and timely use on all Impark sub-systems
- Other Projects or assistance as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (4 yr.) - Accounting
- 4+ years of full cycle accounting
- 1+ years of Management and supervisory experience
- Property Management experience an asset.
- Ability to analyze financial data, identifying trends, arrive at conclusions and make recommendations
- Experience in financial reporting to Senior Management and external clients
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products and other financial software tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Impark - 23 months ago
Impark is one of North America's largest parking management providers, operating over 2,000 parking facilities in major cities across Canada...