Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, the Controller is responsible for financial functions and information processing to ensure the accurate, timely and appropriate management and reporting of the financial condition of the Tarrant County Hospital District, and oversight of the payroll, accounts payable and cashier services functions of the District.
1. *Plans, organizes and coordinates the financial operation for the District to control receipts of revenue, expenditures of funds and conservation of assets. Safeguard Network assets with appropriate internal controls.
2. *Maintain the Network’s financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, GASB, Network policies, and all applicable statutes and regulations. Assure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and reporting requirements for all areas of responsibility.
3. *Provides adequate cash forecasting so that operating and capital expenditure needs are met.
4. *Direct and administer general accounting functions.
5. *Direct and administer accounts payable functions.
6. *Direct and administer payroll functions.
7. *Direct and administer cashier services functions.
8. *Direct and administer fixed asset and capital budget functions.
9. *Direct and administer grant billing.
10. Direct and administer Network travel.
11. *Plans, coordinates and prepares for year end audits by the public accounting firm and other external agencies.
12. *Develop, implement and communicate policies and procedures regarding the District’s finance, accounting and related activities.
13. Direct special projects and assignments, some of which may have District-wide impact or influence.
14. *Develops departmental operating budget annually. Prepares monthly reports on actual performance to budget.
15. * Adhere to JPS Standard of Behaviors.
16. * Adhere to JPS Code of Conduct, Compliance and HIPAA policies/procedures.
17. * Adhere to JPS policies/procedure.
18. Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration and a concentration in Accounting/Finance.
· A minimum of 6 years progressive experience working with complex accounting/finance issues including financial statement preparation and analysis.
· A minimum of 3 years of successful supervisory experience.
· A minimum of 6 years working in a hospital environment.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
· Current knowledge of GAAP, GASB and Federal, State and local laws and regulations and their implication and impact on the Network must be maintained.
· A minimum of 6 years experience with complex, computer applications in a healthcare, computer network environment
JPS Health Network - 2 years ago
Residents of Cowtown don't suffer from gunshot wounds as much as they did back in the day; however, if they're searching for...