Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
The Controller will direct and coordinate the development, organization, and maintenance of systems used to verify financial conformance to accepted JCI standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate finance personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Supports and promotes JCI Core Values.
- Responsible for plant budget development.
- Responsible for maintaining plant MRO checkbook.
- Responsible for the creation and communication of the weekly P&L report along with other financial reporting as defined by the Corporate Finance team.
- Provide month end close assistance.
- Responsible for the maintenance and timely auditing of plant Cost Tracker data.
- Maintains bill of material accuracy.
- Established and maintains systems that support inventory accuracy.
- Responsible for debit administration.
- Audits payroll verification prior to post.
- Facilitates layered audits.
- Responsible for capitol justification.
- Creates and maintains an environment for a safe and healthy workforce.
- Assures housekeeping standards are met.
- Other duties as defined by plant management.
Mental Effort, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to sit or stand for 2-3 hours before a break.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 30 pounds.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees.
- Must be able to prioritize own work schedule.
- Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated experience in a similar position
- Training as defined by departmental matrix, if applicable
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. The job description above is meant to be an outline, the details may be modified in the future to accommodate changing conditions.
Johnson Controls - 10 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...