Direct financial activities of an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Establish, or recommend to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Recommend modifications to existing corporate programs.
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Direct preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establish relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
Job Specific Skills :
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Customer Loyalty - Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Collaboration - Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Impact - Creating a good first impression; commanding attention and respect; showing an air of confidence.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Stress Tolerance - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be proficient in Windows, Microsoft EXCEL and e-mail
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Committed to teamwork and a willingness to strive for quality performance.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to follow procedure.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Vice President of Finance
Kroger - 17 months ago
Staff Accountant - Full-time
The Hutchinson Clinic
the Hutchinson Clinic
- 14 days ago
- 30+ days ago
Hutchinson Regional Heath Care System
Hutchinson Regional Heath Care System
- 23 days ago