We are looking for a unique individual to assume the role of the Controller. The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day operations of MATTEO’s accounting and financial functions as well as providing longer term planning and development of financial systems, personnel, and processes to support MATTEO’s growth.
The individual must be very hands-on with not just the finances of the company, but with the company as a whole. He or she must be able to understand how production and sales operate in order to be able to provide accounting measures.
The Controller will also support the manufacturing, logistics, and purchasing operations by providing high-level performance analysis and preparing financial reports. The Controller will oversee MATTEO’s goals of controlling costs, operating efficiently, and optimizing inventory levels.
What The Individual Will Do
Inherent Individual Attributes
- Manage all areas of accounting operations, including but not limited to the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month-end close, quarterly and annual financial reporting, tax reporting, compliance requirements, and financial statement audits
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and cash flows to assess accuracy, completion, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Develop new financial and operational reporting to analyze goals and metrics and to strengthen financial controls
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Maintain current knowledge of MATTEO’s policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Train, coach, and oversee the development of the Accounting team by providing quality, timely, and consistent performance management reviews
- Support ongoing performance recognition and enforce disciplinary action as needed
- Maintain effective relations with external auditors, financial representatives and regulators
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed
- Experience as a controller or accounting supervisor in the manufacturing industry is required
- Superbly organized and detailed oriented
- Very bottom-line oriented
- Experience with costing
- Expert in creating and analyzing spreadsheets
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master and/or MBA degree, CPA preferred