Are you a Nurse seeking a challenging position with a strong, growing company? You have come to the right place! It's Better @ Medcor!
Medcor offers unique, challenging, and rewarding opportunities for medical professionals in non-traditional settings all across the country. We operate in urban and rural settings, working with union and non-union workforces, providing a variety of shifts. We are seeking an experienced Controller to join our growing Finance team. This is a full-time opportunity at our corporate office in McHenry, IL.
Job Requirements: Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA certification, Advanced MS Excel Skills, Excellent organizational and analytical skills, Strong verbal and written communication skills, Detail oriented
Experience Level: 10-15 years accounting experience
5+ years managerial experience
Working at Medcor:
At Medcor we expect our associates to embrace a set of simple practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and at work. Here is what we practice and believe in:
• Truly BE THERE for another person whether it is a customer, coworker, family or a friend;
• CHOOSE YOUR ATTITUDE and celebrate each day by making the best of every moment!;
• PLAY at work creates a positive atmosphere and makes your job more enjoyable, energizes the creativity and problem solving;
• MAKE THEIR DAY by recognizing others from the heart; make a positive impact on coworkers and others you meet.
• Better YOU - positively impact your wellbeing through our Wellness Program which includes multitude of resources to enjoy benefits of good health;
We believe in teamwork and helping one another, which in turn assures the success of our organizations as a whole and empowers our associates to grow and succeed in their careers with Medcor.
To learn more about Medcor and what it's like to work here go to www.medcorworld.com
• Directs the timely, complete and accurate billing of revenue to client
• Determines and implements appropriate revenue recognition procedures
• Oversees the timely and accurate processing of weekly and biweekly multi-state payrolls
• Manages the quarterly and year-end payroll tax reporting process
• Review/approves the monthly commission payments
• Generates various monthly management reports
• Assists in the critical analysis of the control environment and recommend enhancements
• Leads the annual budget preparation process
• Critically reviews balance sheet and bank reconciliations; ensure adjustments are made on a timely basis
• Assists in re-engineering the monthly close, billing, revenue recognition and payroll processes
• Develops enlightening financial analysis that leads to improved management decision making
• Coach/counsels team to achieve their highest potential
Benefits: We offer competitive salary and benefits package for full-time associates including: paid time off, immediate health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match, educational assistance and more.
Individuals who receive an offer of employment from Medcor will be required to undergo a drug test and a background check. Medcor offers of employment are contingent upon the successful outcome of a pre-employment background check and drug screen.