This position will be responsible for day to day bookkeeping functions and reconciliation of the Accounting Department and financial reports. In addition, this position will be responsible for bank relations, budgeting, projections, financial planning, and cost control.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Supervision of Accounting Department employees and maintenance of all administrative personnel duties
- Responsible for general ledger entry, edits, maintenance, auditing and reconciliation
- Oversees, audit, substantiates, and justifies AP/AR, inventory control, vendor management and wholesale order and payment processing
- Oversee and audit cash control and daily cash management
- Oversee and audit Human Resources as it relates to the Accounting Department including, but not limited to, employee benefits and payroll
- Reconciliation of all accounts and production of financials in printed book form to owners each month
- Responsible for auditing and reconciling all bank accounts, gift cards, gift certificates, credit card processing, deposits, AP/AR, invoices, cash management, receipts, etc.
- Conduct and/or coordinate audits of company accounts, financial transactions and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting
- Provide support for credit card operations and interface with appropriate accounting systems
- Prepare semi-annual budgets, financial analysis, business activity reports, and forecasting to aid management, departments and others in making budget and long range plans
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed and advise owners
- Responsible for initiation and verification of all data in relation to the production of federal, state, county and local reporting as well as FIFO inventory accounting
- Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met and company profitability is achieved
- Retain, renew and apply for all required permits and maintain copies in files and posted on property
- Assist in advising owners on financial matters including short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and actions
- Reconcile and maintain petty cash on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for preparing and processing all tax documentation, reports, and deposits
- Print collections every two weeks and ensure reconciliation of Accounts Receivable, deposits and open orders
- Provide financial information, records and support to all auditors, both internal and external. This includes preparation of special reports, schedules and exhibits necessary for inquiries and reviews.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
- Serve as fiscal liaison with departments such as the State Comptroller’s Office, State Auditor’s Office, the Office of the State Treasurer, as well as other State and Federal agencies
- Training of managers on financial operations pertaining to their departments and distribute copies of invoices and financial documents to managers as necessary. Provide direction and assistance to departments regarding accounting, budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Determine depreciation rates to apply to capitalized items and advise ownership on actions regarding the purchase, lease or disposal of such items
- Randomly audit work flow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management. Assure internal control compliance.
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires a degree in accounting plus 3-5 years of related experience
- Ability to use a personal computer and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and database applications
- Ability to use a 10 key by touch, type 45-50 words per minute (WPM) and operate a variety of office equipment
- Accounting systems knowledge and specific knowledge of state laws and statutes involving accounting practices, taxes and human resources
- Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment recommendations
- Must have good people skills, be self-motivated, ethical, and have the ability to work independently to meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work may be performed either inside or outside.