This Business Unit Controller position is responsible for directing the financial affairs of the organization and ensuring division accounting procedures conform to Company policy and generally accepted accounting principles. Further duties include the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial results, operational budgeting and forecasting, and overseeing the preparation of financial analyses for operations management, aimed at driving continual improvements in division financial performance. This position involves supervision over general accounting, financial analysis and budgetary controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness.
2. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
3. Maintain the company's system of accounts and keep books and records on all division transactions and assets.
4. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyze and report variances.
5. Complete internal and external reports. Revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
6. Ensure adherence to SOX compliance; coordinate internal and external audits.
7. Management responsibilities to include completing performance reviews for all personnel, coaching and motivating employees, working closely with HR regarding hiring objectives, employee compensation, Newpark policies and procedures, etc.
8. Leads and directs employees in accordance with Newpark processes, policies, etc.
9. Completes special projects as assigned by Senior Management.
1. Division Controller(s)
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
Experience: 10 - 15 years accounting experience, 5 years experience as a Controller, 5 years people management experience
License/Certificates: Drivers License, CPA preferred
• Able to legally work full time in the United States
• Able to speak, understand, write and read the English language
• Able to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and make decisions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both informal settings and formal presentations
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, computers, internet and email
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization as well as vendors, other professionals, customers and industry professionals in a professional and dignified manner
• Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels within the organization
• Self motivated and ability to excel with minimum supervision
• Good leadership/management skills
• Coach and guide personnel toward improved performance
• Inspire innovation and continuous quality improvement
• Serve as a positive role model to personnel
• Ability to establish a business partner relationship with organizational leaders;
• Effective change agent;
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels within the organization;
• Strong analytical skills;
• The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects;
• The ability to present information effectively; the ability to function at both a strategic and operational level.
• Ability to converse with the requisite financial acumen with customers, treasury, corporate accounting and banking officers as needed.
• Ability to perform financial calculations including: present value, future value, discounted cash flow analysis, internal rate of return, among others that may be required.
• Consistently able to perform according to NR Core Value, Excellence – delivering value through performance, innovation and service quality.
• Consistently able to perform according to NR Core Value, Accountability – using good judgment and taking responsibility for our actions.
• Consistently able to perform according to NR Core Value, Integrity – acting honestly, ethically and responsibly in all aspects of our business.
• Consistently able to perform according to NR Core Value, Respect – dealing fairly with employees, customers, suppliers, and community.
• Consistently able to meet established goals, expectations, and responsibilities for the position.
Newpark Resources, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard