Offerpop, one of the fastest growing software companies in NYC, is seeking talented professionals to join our enthusiastic and hard-working team. Founded by software veterans and backed by top investors, Offerpop is a strategic partner to over 2,000 of the most innovative global brands and agencies. |
About the Position:
The Controller will provide leadership and management of all financial accounting and reporting activities, and will support other functions to improve their performance and accelerate the company’s growth.Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will lead all day-to-day accounting and reporting operations and supervise the accounting staff. The Controller will work closely with the company’s leadership team and will be involved in supporting presentations to the board’s audit committee. Critical to your success will be your ability to act as an “Internal service provider” for the management team and to provide the information necessary to ensure decisions are made with full transparency.
- Manage the accounting team with responsibility for general accounting, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, revenue recognition, sales and operational contracts, commissions, international, and systems.
- Leverage strengths of the accounting staff, clarify and cross-train staff members and develop programs and training to maximize individual and organizational performance.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly closing process ensuring that all accounts and reporting systems are in compliance with appropriate GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Present consolidated financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; and clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial results to the management team and board.
- Revenue recognition expert providing guidance to sales management on pricing models.
- Coordinate and manage periodic and annual audits, 409a and ASC718 valuations.
- Tax compliance including Federal, multi-state and international filings.
- Support the CFO, senior financial analyst and management team in the annual budgeting process.
- Assist CFO in preparation of periodic management and board materials, and to engage the board’s audit committee regarding annual audit results and new accounting requirements.
- Develop and maintain internal control systems and safeguards over all assets, revenues and costs.
- Assess financial systems for scale and ensure that systems and procedures support operations.
- Continuously explore how to better support management and functional groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance.
- Prior experience as controller for high-growth software or SaaS Company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to collaborate across functional disciplines.
- Strong attention to detail and flawless follow-up.
- Technology savvy, experience with NetSuite accounting system and implementation of software systems.
- Self-starter with strong project management and proactive execution skills.
- An “open-door” manager with a commitment to mentoring, training and retaining staff.
offerpop - 6 months ago
Offerpop’s powerful, easy-to-use social marketing solutions allow brands to reach broader audiences, increase engagement, and grow...