Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union is seeking a full time Controller at our Garfield Heights location.
- Provides daily management, training and guidance to all Accounting department staff. Oversees and assigns workloads, looking for process and quality improvements. Makes management decisions when Chief Financial Officer is unavailable.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Supplies supporting documentation when needed.
- Assists in the preparation of balance sheet, income statement, statistical report, budget and various other accounting statements and reports including assisting in submission of the CALL report.
- Assists in analyzing financial reports and records, making studies or recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies accounting classifications assigned to various records to ensure compliance with all GAAP and NCUA regulations. Supplies supporting documentation when needed.
- Develops, monitors and maintains adequate financial and internal controls.
- Assists in Asset Liability Management analysis (ALM and ALL reporting).
- Maintains monthly record of all fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accruals and processing of monthly closing entries.
- Reconciles all cash accounts on a daily and monthly basis.
- Acts as liaison with external (outsourced) accounting group, verifying accuracy of all accounting completed by vendor.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and branch offices.
- Assists Human Resource Director with processing of posting payroll.
Please send salary requirements.
- 3 to 5 years experience in general accounting. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities necessary.
- Strong organizational skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer