Responsible for directing the Company’s central accounting function, managing audits, as well as fulfilling other requirements on an as-needed basis (and more fully described below). The ideal candidate will be able to provide accurate information on a timely basis, work well under pressure, be highly motivated, organized and detail oriented. Must be comfortable in a busy, fast paced environment, have a proactive work ethic, and the ability to grow within the organization and assume additional responsibilities.
- Full responsibility for the Company financial close process and all internal and external financial reporting requirements, including internal management reporting.
- Ensure the Company’s financial accounts and records are properly stated, updated and maintained.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff regarding issue resolution and technical guidance.
- Collaborate with audit staff on annual and quarterly independent audit and reviews.
- Directs priorities and resources for the accounting department including execution of policy changes and process improvements, and monitor performance accordingly.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing of the books process (including hands-on assistance where needed). This also includes reviews of financial statements, reports, analyses, general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls surrounding the accounting/finance department, including insuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Promote, within the department, the internal controls, standards and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making, internal/external reporting and communications.
- Provide technical accounting expertise to the group through research of issues, review of accounting judgment areas, and communication with external auditors. Propose recommendations for accounting treatment and explain/defend to senior management and outside accountants, as needed.
- Establish and maintain documentation of accounting work instructions, as well as, accounting guidelines, policies & procedures.
- Responsible for integrity and controls over General Leger and Financial reporting modules
- BS Accounting or Finance
- 8-12 years of general accounting experience with heavy focus on General Ledger accounting and close the books processes
- CPA preferred with advanced corporate accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis experience
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Experience with software revenue recognition, mergers and acquisitions and public company – SEC reporting experience a plus
- Experience in establishing and improving accounting policies and procedures
- Strong technical accounting skills and expertise in US GAAP, IFRS and SEC Reporting
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office)
- General ledger system implementation experience
- Ability to “think outside the box”
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to develop professionals
OnX Incorporated is a leading service provider of IT Infrastructure, Internet Professional Services and Managed Hosting Services. The...