• Prepares or reviews analyses of general ledger accounts to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all balance sheet accounts.
• Assists in the monthly closing process including journal entries, account reviews and report generation.
• Performs monthly account reconciliations in a timely manner.
• Prepares and maintains documentation of accounting procedures and internal controls.
• Contributes to continuous improvement process.
• Takes active role in the monthly forecasting process as well as development of the annual budget.
• Prepares work papers for internal and external auditors.
• Assists in ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Manages and assists in the career development of junior level accounting staff.
• Performs special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance. CPA or MBA preferred.
• Minimum three years public accounting or relevant corporate accounting experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.