Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky
Indianapolis, IN • Full-time with benefits (40 hours/week) (#COIN628)
General Description: Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky is looking for a Controller. The Controller will be working closely with the Vice President of Administration and Finance. The Controller is responsible for direct oversight of all finance operations, preparation of annual budget, financial reporting, and forecasting. Supervises accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing services, purchasing, inventory and financial statement preparation. Monitors and evaluates revenue cycle to ensure accurate claims and maximum reimbursement achieved. Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory accounting issues.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in accounting and 5-8 years’ accounting or financial analysis experience required. Experience with full-cycle accounting, GAAP, financial statement preparation, budget development, internal controls, and annual external audit required. Prior supervisory experience required. Experience with health care billing and collections, revenue cycle management, and Indiana or Kentucky Medicaid preferred. Experience with multi-organization, multi-fund and/or nonprofit accounting, A133 audits and IRS form 990 a plus. CPA, MBA or Masters in Accounting desirable. Expert level Excel, Access, and other MS Office programs desirable.
- Manage the activities of the Accounting Department and its systems, including all general ledger functions, accounts payable and receivable, grants, fixed assets and inventory and ensures that strong internal controls are in place and functioning properly within the department.
- Produce and analyze all monthly and quarterly reports for both internal and external audiences on a timely basis, including, but not limited to, financial statements, general ledger analyses and reports, as well as revenue and expense analyses and reports; draft notes to the financial statements.
- Ensure that all outside are prepared and filed on a timely basis.
- Oversee the agency's annual financial audit process and preparation of tax returns.
- Audit wage entries for payroll.
- Prepare and submit invoices for government contracts.
- Review, revise, and/or implement policies and procedures within the billing department to assure that the practice is maximizing collections, while remaining in compliance with federal and state law, HIPAA privacy and security regulations, the terms of our payer contracts, Indiana Family Health Council guidelines and other regulatory bodies.
- Convene cross-departmental quarterly data and report analysis meetings
- Identify, develop and report key metrics for revenue cycle functions.
- Create analytics that address strategic business concerns and decisions.
- Supervise staff responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing services, purchasing, inventory and financial statement preparation to ensure accuracy and deadlines met.
- Manage central supply chain order processing, central storage distribution, inventory control, analytics, reporting, customer service, and effective processes for the centralized purchase of health center supplies
(Job Code #COIN628)
EOE Employer M/F/D/V
Planned Parenthood - 21 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...