Reporting to the Director, Operational Finance, this position is responsible for defining, implementing and monitoring financial control procedures, systems and standards required for proper performance of the accounting function within the limits of approved company practice. The Controller is an active resource in keeping the Plant Manager and other members of staff appraised of deviations, analyzing performance and bringing best practices to the plant.
• Manage accounting and finance staff.
• Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and analysis with the timeliness provided by the Corporate office
• Coordinate the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly financial forecasts.
• Review and manage customer credit terms in conjunction with the Corporate policy.
• Oversee Accounts Receivable and pursue timely collections.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and ensure compliance with Corporate payables policies.
• Ensure the design and execution of all financial controls in compliance with Corporate Sarbanes-Oxley policies and procedures.
• Monitor and analyze production orders, sales orders, and job cost system.
• Assist operations and sales in providing profitability analysis and cost estimates supporting the quoting function as requested.
• Maintain information necessary for federal, state & local tax return preparation.
• Prepare statistical and informational returns not prepared by outside accountants.
• Coordinate and control periodic physical inventory observation and reconciliation.
• Provide support and analysis to the General Manager as requested.
• Special projects as assigned by Plant Manager
• Any other duties as deemed appropriate by management.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field. Minimum of 7 years accounting /finance experience in a manufacturing environment with managerial responsibilities. CPA, CMA, or MBA required.
• Requires a high degree of sound professional judgment and decision making skills along with the ability to plan, coordinate, and implement effective internal controls.
• Requires strong organization and attention to details, accompanied by the ability to work under strict time pressures, in a highly complex and regulatory environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization; daily contact with site management and operational employees, frequent interaction with Corporate level personnel.
• Must possess a strong work ethic, the ability to delegate assignments effectively and coaching skills to train and develop staff members.
• Strong MS office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. SAP experience is a plus.
RTI International Metals, Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard