Controller at ShopKeep|
ShopKeep is looking for a Controller to join our team that is revolutionizing how retailers and customers interact. This position will help lead all financial analysis, accounting, and reporting for the business. You will be our controller and count every penny. You will also work closely with our ~ 50 other team members, especially the operations team, but report directly into the Company's COO & Co-Founder. This will be a very high growth position within the company.
Our company is at the forefront of the quickly developing cloud based technology software space for small and medium businesses. We develop and distribute software which packages retail transactions with business reporting tools and superior customer service into one compact and beautiful SaaS product.
In simple terms, we are revolutionizing the traditional POS business. For more than a century, these clunky boxes have taken up valuable counter space at bars, restaurants and coffee shops, and have served as a costly impediment to small business ownership. They are notorious for their lack of reliability, their shady supply chain and their DMV-like customer service.
This market is ripe for disruption, and ShopKeep continues to remain ahead of the game (that
's where you come in). We are changing the way local businesses leverage technology. Our cloud-based system allows merchants to work offline, create in-depth sales and inventory analysis, and chuck the register for a visually pleasing, easy-to-use interface. Even better, our product is much less cash intensive for small businesses.
And the evidence that we are on the right track. Our growth is staggering. Our customer list keeps growing. We are very well funded by some of the world's largest and most respected VC funds. What we are missing is an exceptional person to help us lead efforts in accounting, financial analysis, reporting, and generally supporting our leadership team with unique projects impacting this rapidly growing business.
This is a dynamic role, but one that is based on leading and continuing to develop our growing financial function. Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Manage existing parttime external bookkeeping team
- Controlling and understanding every penny
- Maintaining and developing comprehensive financial models and analysis for each of the company's key business units.
- Working closely with software and product development, internal data scientists, sales, marketing, and operations to develop, maintain, analyze, and update financial projections and actual results
- Develop the processes and lead the implementation of accounting and reporting procedures including daily reconciliations, monthly hard closes, and establishing and rolling forward accruals and reserves.
- Help lead a transition to more robust accounting systems that can integrate with internally developed and cloud based opearting and financial reporting tools
- At least 3 years experience in financial accounting and analysis at a consumer facing internet, ecommerce, adtech, payments, SaaS, or cloud technology company
- At least 2 years of professional service experience in either finance, consulting, or public accounting (CPA is preferred but not required)
- Some experience of some kind with cash registers and point of sales systems is preferred.
- Some experience of some kind with the credit card processing space is preferred. You should know what an ISO is.
- Must be dangerous with spreadsheets and have the ability to help create the occasional fancy deck.
- You should be able to take an inordinate amount of financial information and summarize it in analytical form so that it conveys the appropriate message.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn with the ability to take ownership, work independently, and execute in a rapidly changing environment
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Fit culturally within a very quickly growing and always changing well funded NYC tech startup
Please reply with a cover letter - in order to be considered, your sample must also include the answer to the following question (so we know you care enough to read this description and find the answer on our website): Where does one go in the ShopKeep POS system to create items, receive orders, and set triggers to notify merchants to reorder stock?
Compensation will be market and commensurate with experience but will include amazing big company benefits.
ShopKeep is moving from startup to name brand by consistently delivering on its big ambitions. Merchants LOVE us (they put in the capital letters) and want our products. This is a fun place to work - we have a beer fridge and many goodies consistently sent to us by our customers. If you want the chance to put your signature on a product that will change the way people do business, join us.
ShopKeep is an equal opportunity employer.
ShopKeep POS System - 11 months ago