Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with GAAP principles and DCAA principals for government reporting.
Oversee the activities of the Corporate Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
Respond to Senior Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value.
Support corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
• Set up and maintain accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee operations of subsidiary divisions/corporations, including control systems, transaction processing operations and policies/procedures
• Manage outsourced functions
• Oversee operations of accounting department including goals and objectives
• Ensure periodic bank reconciliations are completed
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Oversee that payroll is processed in a timely manner
• Make sure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
• Oversee that accounts receivable are collected promptly
• Make sure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on account payables
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Coordinate the corporate annual report
• Recommend benchmarks which to measure the performance of the company
• Calculate and issue financial metrics
• Manage the production of forecasts
• Calculate and report variances form budget and report issues to management
• Provide a system of Job/contract reporting
• Provide financial analysis as needed in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Monitor debt levels and compliance for those debts
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for external audits
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Spiral Solutions & Technologies, Inc - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 2004, Spiral Solutions and Technologies, Inc. has a broad and extensive range of professionals, we also have the ability to draw...