A business line within a global leader in software solutions for financial services is seeking a Controller for its Wealth Management segment. The Controller reports directly to the Segment Financial Officer.
Duties will include:
• Preparation of financial statements in compliance with GAAP and corporate accounting policies & procedures.
• Manage small team of accountants and the interface with the centralized shared service accounting centers in oversight of the financial statements (income statement and balance sheets) to insure corporate reporting deadlines are timely met.
• Properly review and analyze the balance sheets and income statements for the respective business units and legal entities.
• Coordinate with shared service centers, Tax, and Treasury to ensure all statutory financial statements and related tax filings are completed and filed with the appropriate jurisdictions on a timely basis.
• Coordinate audits and filings for legal entities where required for regulated or foreign entities. Also, support shared service accounting centers in any internal/external audits.
• Review and monitor the capitalization of software development projects for FAS86 or similar treatment in accordance with GAAP and SunGard policies.
• Ensure completeness and accuracy of the accounting records in compliance with corporate accounting policies & procedures and the provision of necessary audit trails to enable all transactions of whatever nature to be traced and documented. Responsible for the enforcement and integrity of the internal financial controls identified related to Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
• Ensure mandated policies and controls are implemented and operating effectively at the segment level (e.g., T&E Policy, purchasing standards, authorization limits).
• Proper oversight of billing procedures in compliance with customer contracts and corporate policies & procedures.
• Work closely with the contracts team and corporate/division revenue recognition team to ensure revenue recognition and other accounting issues are properly evaluated and recorded.
• Assist with the planning, budgeting and forecasting processes and provide transparency where needed.
• Review and analyze product-level profitability.
• Assist with financial acquisition due diligence, and post-close integration.
Experience working for a software, technology, or financial services company is required
• Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience
• Bachelors in Accounting or Related field, Advanced • Degree/CPA a plus
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work well independently
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Financial Operations Principal or FOCUS filing experience a plus
• Software revenue recognition experience a plus
SunGard provides wealth and retirement administration solutions and services that help banks, trust companies, brokerage firms, insurance firms, retirement plan administrators and independent advisors acquire, service and grow their client relationships. We provide solutions for client acquisition, transaction management, trust accounting and retirement recordkeeping that can be deployed as standalone products or as part of an integrated wealth management platform.
SunGard - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard