Necessary Skill Set & Experience
- Oversee activities of the Accounting department including A/P, Fixed Assets, Commissions, Tax, and Cash management. Execute the period-end close and financial reporting processes. Manage data warehouse implementation and financial report development.
- Establish and maintain company accounting policies, processes and internal controls to ensure conformance with US GAAP and other laws/regulations. Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the Company.
- Manage multi-state Regulatory and Tax reporting and compliance matters including state sales and use taxes, state tariffs, PUC and FCC requirements.
- Manage external auditors to ensure that all documentation required for audits are available and to ensure audits are expeditiously completed.
- Plan and implement a new Cloud (SaaS-based) ERP financial system (IntAcct or NetSuite).
- Ensure correct financial setups of the Company’s Inmate Telcom Systems (ITS) at new or upgraded facilities to reflect correct call rates, fees and taxes. Supervise staff in preparing and analyzing Carrier Call data, Carrier Usage data and Call Center activity volume and cost. Implement revenue assurance & ROI analyses to measure actual revenue generation and compare against expectations and prior provider experience.
- Perform RFP and Contract reviews for finance, tax & tariff, licensing, compliance, insurance, reporting, and performance bond requirements.
- Partner with business leads and FP&A to assess financial variances vs. Plan, Forecast and Prior Year.
- Ensure processes and systems are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve increased efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting.
- Manage and develop a small team of finance and financial systems professionals.
Desired Skill Set & Experience
- 8-12 years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Work experience technology products/services; SaaS preferred, some hardware OK
- Managed statutory and regulatory agencies reporting and compliance audits (FCC, PUC…)
- Working knowledge of ERP, data warehouse and financial information systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Managed accounting operations for period, quarterly and year end fiscal closes.
Telmate is the industry leader in providing unified communication, video conferencing, video messaging, SMS, online games, social networking, and academic advancement to secured facilities. We have offices in California and Oregon and bring advanced end-to-end solutions to government facilities of all sizes with nearly 200 installations across 40 states and 2 Canadian provinces. With a client footprint across the US and Canada, over 5 million users benefited from our product in 2012, and we have been growing by 40% every year for the last six years.
- Staff leadership to build team to produce quality results in an efficient manner.
- Collaborative business partner adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Work experience in telecom (VOIP), technology products/services
Telmate - 14 months ago