At Verisk Health, we set audacious goals to impact America’s healthcare system and
challenge ourselves every day to meet them. Verisk Health is a software and services company that helps organizations identify, manage, and mitigate healthcare risk to
improve quality, reduce costs, and maximize profitability. In a world of questions about how to optimize the healthcare system, Verisk Health is at the forefront of developing answers. In short, we exist to create sustainable models for healthcare through the intelligent application of data analytics. Verisk Health is a wholly owned
subsidiary of Verisk Analytics (NASDAQ: VRSK).
The Controller, Enterprise Analytics Division will join a team of over 1,000 global professionals that are developing some of the most innovative IT platforms in healthcare informatics. This role will report directly to the President of the EA Division.
The Controller, Enterprise Analytics Division will oversee all finance activities related to one of our three business units, and will be located in Waltham, MA. Activities nclude managing our finance team; providing guidance for planning, budgeting, and forecasting; and interacting with operating leaders to help them engage with the financial side of our business. This individual will be responsible for building strong relationships with our parent company’s finance team and assisting with accounting processes and procedures, as well as providing guidance to our Nepal software development office.
Lead all finance activities within the
Enterprise Analytics Division
- Process rigor: Ensure financial controls are operating effectively. Improve Financial IT systems to leverage automation for faster, more granular and more consistent reporting. Develop department-level udgets with associated cost accounting processes.
- Forecasting competency: Understand and analyze the business unit’s financial performance as it relates to forecasted results.
- Tactical leadership: Provide leadership on financial issues, including contract review, pricing, etc. Additionally, work with our corporate parents finance team on the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and quarterly close processes.
- Team approach: Personally engage to ensure solid financial performance, and that issues and methods for success are identified early and shared with the appropriate operating departments. Develop reporting tools that effectively tell our “financial story”.
- Communication: Participate with the Business unit team in preparing financial presentations for company executives, and other stakeholders. Leverage creative approaches to displaying and discussing financial information to encourage a broad understanding of our financial performance.
- Proactive approach: Take initiative with ideas and actively help lead the business unit while bringing financial and general management expertise to the company’s leadership.
- Decision Support: Partner with business heads to support investment decision-making through sound financial modeling.
Technical and strategic experience, including:
A minimum of 7 years of work experience on a progressive career growth path in the finance domain.
A background in corporate finance and a leading role in developing internal and external working relationships.
Hands-on pragmatic approach to improving business processes, profitability and cash flows.
Ability to identify problems, prioritize what needs to be done, and stay focused on the priority items to meet the company’s financial goals.
A collaborative team player who
has demonstrated the following characteristics:
The ability to credibly interface with senior level colleagues, including the
ability to communicate effectively with non-finance stakeholders effectively.
A track record and desire to build outstanding teams by identifying and hiring top talent, investing in coaching and feedback, communicating transparently, and providing high energy leadership.
A bias towards action that balances the Verisk operating model with best
practices drawn from previous experience.
A problem solver who intuitively:
Bachelor’s degree in finance,accounting or related field, MBA or CPA preferred.
- Scenario plans and puts forth thoughtful recommendations based on a stringent fact-base.
- Acts decisively, on both the tactical and strategic levels, in a way that is
congruent with the challenge at hand.