- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Coordinates and prepares budgets & prepares capital expenditure request with relevant payback period assumptions.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documenting business transactions & prepares for audits of company's accounts (internal & external).
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or governmental agencies & monitors Business Unit compliance with internal control guidelines.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures & issues written and oral instructions.
- Four year accounting degree with continuing education.
- Five years of financial/manufacturing experience.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft experience (Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc).
- JD Edwards experience is a plus.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Serves as Compliance Officer for the Business Unit. Supervises and ensures all employees are treated according with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Compliance to Family Medical Leave Act, Directing Workman's Compensation, Interviewing, Hiring and Training Employees, Planning, Assigning and Directing Work, Appraising Performance, Rewarding and Disciplining Employees, Addressing Complaints and Resolving Problems.
Voith - 19 months ago