BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB: Oversee the financial, administrative and risk management operations including the development of a metric-based performance oriented financial and operational strategy in order to preserve and grow the financial assets of the Company. |
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES
MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY: Manages assigned departments and people, as well as functional responsibilities, in a manner that promotes attainment of company goals and objectives.
- Develops and adheres to operating and capital budgets for department operations.
- Maintains a trained staff and ensures adequate resources are available for their assigned accountabilities.
- Conducts departmental operations in a fair, non-discriminatory manner and free of any type of harassment.
- Supervisory tasks including performance reviews and disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently for the entire department.
- React quickly and make decisions under pressure.
FINANCIAL REPORTING: Manages preparation of various financial reports according to generally accepted accounting standards to ensure accurate information for business decisions and government compliance.
- Establishes and implements procedures for proper reporting and retention.
- Reviews and approves, as needed, entries and adjustments to accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, and accounting transactions for purchasing and sales.
- Ensures an accurate and timely preparation of payroll each pay period and that required government reports and deposits are made.
- Manages the development of the annual corporate budget and monitors monthly for variances.
- Manage the preparation of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate and issue financial/operating metrics
- Calculate budget variances and report significant issues with recommended action to the President
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, sources and uses funds statements, and other financial schedules as necessary or appropriate.
- Provide financial analysis as needed
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performances of Company operations
FINANCIAL RESOURCES AND ANALYSIS: Analyzes financial condition of the company, recommends policy to the president and implements actions to maximize financial resources and minimize risk.
on a timely basis.
- Provides direction and guidance to management of inventory.
- Develops and enforces credit policies to improve opportunities for collecting receivables; takes action as necessary to collect bad debts after analyzing aging reports.
- Ensures that Accounts Payable are paid in a timely manner and all reasonable discounts/credits are taken.
- Plans and conducts audits of various corporate functions and policies.
- Ensures that periodic bank reconciliations are completed and all debt payments are made
covering accounting transactions
- Analyzes needs and obtains most effective insurance coverage possible for workers compensation, property casualty and liability; maintains records and files claims to recover losses.
- Maintains a chart of accounts; an orderly accounting filing system; and a system of controls
actions to bring such customers into compliance with Companys terms of sale.
- Ensures that Accounts Receivable are collected promptly and issues monthly A/R aging reports that identify customers that are over 60 days payment; implements standards and
- Establishes and maintains good relations with financial institutions to maximize management of cash and ensure borrowing capabilities when needed.
- Develops, implements and administers cost effective benefit plans and services which are attractive to employees and meet applicable regulations.
- Analyze needs and obtains most effective and affordable health insurance coverage for Companys employees consistent with Company goals and strategies.
- Oversees and manages the collection of credits/rebates due the Company rather the result of freight claims, improper supplier invoicing, poor product quality, promotional allowances, and any other actions and activities that adversely affect the financial wellness of the Company.
- Assist in formulating the Companys future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Maintain and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Develop performance measures that support the Companys strategic direction.
- Manage the capital reporting and budgeting process.
- Monitor cash balances and cash financials.
- Oversee and manage the Companys debt and equity financing.
- Invest Company funds when appropriate to achieve the highest returns.
findings and recommendations.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage for the Company.
- Construct and monitor reliable accounting control systems.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of Companys risk profile.
- Report risk issues to the President promptly with recommended course of action.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the Company.
- Maintain relations with Companys outside accounting/auditing firms and investigate their
- Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Companys risk profile.
- Maintains an I.D. system for all Company physical assets including a survey report of all physical assets within the Company and their location.
- Constantly striving to improve credit terms with all the Companys vendors.
- Monitors state tax assessments made against the Company during the calendar year and submits for appropriate referrals in a timely manner within 30 days at the end of the Companys fiscal year.
CORPORATE ADMINISTRATION: Reviews, selects and manages office systems, supplies, and procedures which promote productivity and supply the necessary resources for staff to accomplish their work.
- Secures and ensures maintenance of computer hardware and software to meet defined business requirements.
- Manages selection and operation of cost effective phone and facsimile communication systems.
- Manages the acquisition and dispensing of office supplies and equipment.
- Keeps abreast of and seeks improved software systems to maximize business operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
MISCELLANEOUS/OTHER: Performs other related activities/duties and participates on project teams as apparent or assigned.
- Obtains competent outside legal, audit and tax advice as business conditions and situations may require.
- Keeps abreast of trends/changes in accounting practices, management/office techniques and laws/regulations having an impact in the operation of the business.
- Creates and promotes a confidential work environment.
- Manage high level of workload in a fast paced environment
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Work well under constant change, delays or unexpected events.
PRIMARY INTERNAL CUSTOMERS:
- Department Managers
OTHER KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Education and/or Experience
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices as well as laws and regulations pertaining to the financial management of the company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well developed analytical and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of PC/terminal application and accounting software
- Able to maintain professionalism in a high pressure environment
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, business or equivalent training/experience
- Eight to ten years experience in accounting operations
- CPA status
- Experience in food processing/distributing/marketing business
- Prior responsibilities for computer selection and maintenance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Sit for extended periods of time, ability to type, talk and communicate, visual ability to use a computer and calculator, infrequent bending for filing, infrequent lifting of up to 10 lbs.
WORKING ENVIROMENT: Typical office working conditions: inside, climate controlled.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
Waymouth Farms aims to please mouths and minds with health-conscious snacks. The company manufactures dried fruit, nuts, seeds, trail mixes,...