Responsible for the daily management of the accounting functions of the association. These include Accounts Payable, Payroll, Government funding, and the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS :
SPECIALIZED, TECHNICAL, PRACTICAL SKILLS
Ability to work independently and have good problem solving skills. Must have experience using personal computers, Microsoft applications, and general accounting software.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Texas CPA license or MBA Certification is preferred. Must have thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles. Experience with not-for-profit accounting and preparation of IRS form 990 is preferred.
MANAGERIAL / CONSULTATIVE
Supervisory experience is desired
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES :
1. BOARD/COMMITTEE/VOLUNTEER RELATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
2. STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Attend monthly meetings of the Metropolitan Finance Committee. Staff liaison with Metropolitan Audit Committee.
- Supervise Accounts Payable Coordinator, Payroll Coordinator and Accounting Assistant.
- Provide assistance and training to all exempt employees on accounting policies and procedures; as well as accounting software.
- Interview candidates and hire staff as needed.
4. MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Ensure that all transactions comply with association policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, IRS regulations, and FASB directives.
- Prepare the annual IRS information return Form 990.
- Supervise the preparation and filing of payroll tax reports, sales tax reports and government grant billing.
5. PROGRAM/MEMBERSHIP MANAGEMENT and PRODUCTION
6. FISCAL MANAGEMENT
- Supervise electronic bank drafting of member accounts and the recording of returned draft.
7. FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and functioning as intended at the branches as well as the Metropolitan business office.
- Directly supervise the payroll, accounts payable, cash receipting and governmental grant accounting functions.
- Supervise the preparation of documents for the annual audit of financial statements and government grants and provide any additional information or assistance as needed for the auditors.
- Assist CFO with preparation of the YMCA Association budget, branch budgets, and the United Way budget.
- Oversee reconciliation of all bank and balance sheet accounts.
- Resident expert on S.G.A. accounting software, enhancement and problems.
8. FACILITY MANAGEMENT
9. COMMUNITY/METRO/NATIONAL RELATIONS
10. EFFECT ON END RESULTS
- Represent YMCA in dealings with committees, banks, auditors, government funding agencies and YMCA of the USA.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
- Ensure that employees and vendors are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all exempt level staff are properly informed and knowledgeable about budgets and monthly financial statements.
- Ensure that the association is in compliance with IRS rules and regulations regarding not-for-profit entities, as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that government grant expenses are in compliance with all applicable requirements and regulations of the grant.
YMCA - 18 months ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...