re looking for a highly motivated, talented controller to join our fast growing startup. You have accounting and reporting experience at software, or other technology, companies, and are looking to demonstrate your finance and operational metal.
Duties of the controller include:
- Preparation and oversight of the month-end financial close including responsibility for the full range of GL accounting processes and systems including revenue, cash, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ensure that the financial statements are maintained in accordance with US GAAP all journal entries are properly reviewed and posted, and all accounts are properly reconciled and reviewed.
- Works closely with other functional groups.
- Specific responsibilities for balance sheet analysis including cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses and intercompany accounts, among others.
- Engage with the external tax group on tax matters and oversee annual external audit for US company and foreign subsidiary.
- Perform as a trusted advisor/ business partner to the organization.
- Participate in critical cross functional initiatives which contribute to systems and process standardizations and enhancement including optimization opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels including senior management team.
- Ability to work across organizations to resolve cross-functional issues.
- Familiarity with software systems, SalesForce a plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, collaboration and leadership skills
- BS degree and at least 5 years of related accounting experience; CPA preferred.
Our compensation and benefits:
- the (un)usual: great salary, stock, health insurance, 401k, long-term disability, flex-plan accounts
- the extraordinary: great downtown Raleigh location (Helios, bars, eateries, tattoos), free parking, organic snacks, craft beers, fun events, and more
KnowledgeTree helps customer-facing teams use and improve their best content. Sales people instantly find content that closes deals. Managers identify what collateral works best – and where gaps are. And marketing improves content to drive more sales.
Find out why Network World called KnowledgeTree one of the 10 SaaS companies to watch. And learn why Software AG, Alcatel, Genesys, Fuji Chemical, and 500 other global companies use KnowledgeTree to unlock the value of their collateral.
Funded by River Cities Capital Funds, Hasso Plattner Ventures, Core Capital, and Hatteras Funds, KnowledgeTree is headquartered in Raleigh, NC.
KnowledgeTree Inc. - 18 months ago