Employer will not sponsor visas for position
Proactively manage the work processes with Supply region and Terminals to trouble shoot inventory issues before they occur, to provide direction on how to best structure a proposed transaction, and to coordinate efforts on inventory, resulting in inventory numbers with integrity while doing today’s business today.
College Degree (Bachelors Level) Accounting or Finance.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Research complex inventory questions through SAP. Apply finance and accounting principles to business. Work in cross-functional teams.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 2 years.
1. Work daily with schedulers to identify unusual inventories or current activity not reflected in SAP. Analyze complex inventory issues with data and input from schedulers, terminals, pipelines, VTAS system and SAP to determine if items have been improperly recorded or not recorded, or if errors have occurred somewhere in the process. Determine which alternative results in the best result for CITGO given inventory, regulatory and financial impacts and advise terminal, scheduling or accounting personnel as to actions to take.
2. Review proposed scheduling and/or inventory movements with traders, schedulers and terminal personnel. Analyze desired result; inventory impacts, regulatory impacts (EPA< Customs), and financial impacts. Research alternatives to inputting and processing the activity, developing new alternatives as required by accounting guidelines or regulatory requirements. Direct traders, terminals, schedulers, and accountants as to the alternative with the best result for CITGO.
3. Based on research, direct schedulers, terminal operations, or accounting on actions needed to allow requiring systems changes. Make appropriate inventory write offs ons/adjustments.
4. Review terminal operations and scheduling/exchange operations, to change the work processes. Offer suggestions/ alternatives to region personnel, terminal personnel, and management. Assist in training of personnel involved to ensure understanding of requirements. Serve as resource when questions arise in the operating groups.
5. Perform special projects relating to inventories, SAP or VTAS and present results and conclusions.
6. Implement appropriate controls to assure accurate financial reporting of CITGO inventory.
7. Provide assistance with various month end closing activities that relate to financial accounts, giving a firmer foundation for CITGO Financial Reporting.
8. Perform Special projects as assigned or brought to light with inventory transactions and SAP limitations.
CITGO Petroleum Corporation - 20 months ago
From the get-go CITGO Petroleum has been refining and marketing petroleum products, including jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oils, and...