GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Controls Chief Engineer, you will have responsibility for driving and shaping the technical vision of both the organization and the GE company. You will lead the evolution of new ideas with strategic impact, drive organizational change, and promote collaboration. You will use broad technical vision and influencing skills within the organization and with customers to define technology strategy & lead major technology programs.
As a Controls Chief Engineer, you will conceptualize, develop and evaluate leading-edge research. You will serve as a world class technical resource for the organization for complex issues regarding controls, communications, and platforms.
As a Controls Chief Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for shaping the vision & defining the technology direction, strategy & lead major technology programs in the field of Controls.
- Be a world leader recognized in industry in the area controls technology and application of controls.
- Lead the evolution of new ideas in the area of controls and industrial internet controls with strategic game-changing impact & growth for GE.
- Drive technical excellence and execution within the organization by identifying, planning, and leading the development of controls algorithms and platform architectures for GE’s industrial businesses including Oil & Gas, Aviation, Transportation, Mining, Energy Management, Power & Water, and Healthcare.
- Play a part in setting the direction for the organization’s future resource needs in terms of both infrastructure and staffing globally.
- Build strong networks & cross discipline technology collaborations at GRC, GE businesses and externally (i.e. universities, gov’t agencies & other companies). to accelerate innovation.
- Drive the transfer of technology between GE businesses.
- Counsel, mentor researchers and Champion the Technical Career Path across the global sites.
- Masters of Engineering in Systems, Controls, Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical or related disciplines with at least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated strategic focus & influencing skills driving organization technologies..
- In-depth knowledge of Controls algorithms and embedded controls.
- Industrial experience in the application of controls.
- Ability to collaborate with the GE businesses to implement inventions and improvements to existing control systems.
- Demonstrated experience at identifying and capturing funding for innovative ideas.
- Clear evidence of innovation and creativity in the industrial/academic context and securing Intellectual Property.
- Experience with University collaboration.
- Experience in working in Global teams.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience, including successful track record of completing deliverables on schedule and under budget.
- Experience in driving new ideas from concept to productization.
- Strong environmental, health and safety ethics & play an active role in creating culture of safety.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Munich Germany, Bangalore India, Shanghai China or Niskayuna, New York.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Doctorate of Engineering in Systems, Controls, Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical, Electrical or related disciplines with at least 15 years of relevant experience in research and industry.
- Demonstrated thought leadership on industrial internet control systems.
- Experience with Oil & Gas controls and communications.
- Familiarity with automation broadly and mining automation in particular.
- Familiarity with turbomachinery, power, water, and process controls.
- Record of peer reviewed journal publications.
- International reputation in controls research community.
- Experience with advanced controls algorithm techniques (e.g. model-based controls, MIMO, adaptive, nonlinear, real-time optimization, …)
- Strong academic network, particularly in advanced controls algorithms.
- Excellent work ethic, capable of working well in broad areas with multi-disciplinary global teams.
- Familiarity with Government research labs.
- Experience creating innovative technology solutions.
- Exceptional passion for science and technology.
- Superb communication skills.
- Recognized technical expert in industry.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...