Division: Production & Supply
Function: Engineering / Capital Projects
City: St. Gabriel
State/Province: Louisiana [LA]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Controls Engineer
Job ID: 3426
To design, implement, commission and support the operation of distributed process control systems (DCS) on continuous and batch chemical processes. To develop process control strategies, system hardware and software specifications in support of our customer requirements.
Accountabilities: - Support the design, installation and operation of the computer systems that control the various production processes.
- Support production to achieve volume, cost, safety, and quality requirements.
- Support process hazard analyses and system design reviews to ensure safe operations.
- Ability to develop cohesive plans and approaches from disparate customer input and respond to issues from a variety of sources.
- Work with cross-functional project teams to deploy new capital projects.
- Ability to work independently to meet aggressive schedules.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to advance automation group objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Engineering degree (Chemical or other Engineering degree preferred).
- A minimum of two (2) years DCS programming with either Emerson DeltaV or Yokogawa Centum series DCS.
- Familiarity with typical process instrumentation is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years working directly with plant operations in supporting and deploying automated control strategies.
- Applicant should have a proven record of achievement in managing automation projects to reach technically challenging targets.
- Experience providing automation support in a 24/7 production facility.
- Experience working with cross-functional project teams to develop new solutions for customers.
- Experience working with and/or managing 3rd party automation contractors.
Critical technical, professional & personal capabilities:
- Communication skills, problem solving, attention to detail, multi-tasking, flexibility to change, cross-functional / departmental knowledge, teamwork, customer focus, develop and apply standard work practices
Critical Leadership Capabilities:
- Must be able to assume a leadership role in the application of automated solutions in one or more production units.
- Must be able to contribute to automation group objectives including: application of new technologies, developing and implementing group “best practices”, cross-training and knowledge exchange with other team members.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges: Must be able to assume automation leadership responsibilities in support of one or more production units. Work with operations personnel to determine key automation success factors in support of our lean manufacturing philosophy. Be able to apply automation standards / best practices in existing production environment. Must be able to contribute to automation group objectives including development of cross-training methods, documentation standards, and module library development.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Travel = 10%
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...