Description/Job Summary Creation of electrical drawings, PLC Programs, bills of material, and documentation necessary for the successful implementation of the compressor control systems; Responsible for the design and successful operation of the complete control system assigned; Coordinate with the project engineer and controls specialist to ensure the control system is released within the allotted timeframe and per job specification requirements.
- Interpret Atlas Copco and customer specifications to define the job specific control system including creation of job specific P & ID and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code and other international standards (IEC, CE, etc.) and how they apply to industrial control systems.
- Produce the required control system documentation and selection of electrical and control components in accordance with the job specification using good judgment and utmost safe practices.
- Create the drawings, material lists, input/output lists and other documentation based on the job specification and accepted design practices.
- Create new part numbers and assemblies within the Jobscope manufacturing system.
- Design and lay out the control system to fit within the required job parameters
- Create job specific PLC and HMI configurations and other supporting documentation.
- Assist in the maintenance of standard software and documentation.
- Assist in the testing and trouble shooting of the control system and program via functional testing.
- Provide project technical support for the Field Service department
- Occasionally the job will require time outside standard office hours including holidays and weekends.
- Travel to customer sites for project implementation, commissioning and/or troubleshooting
- To Comply with safety rules, regulations and OSHA requirements
Required Qualifications Minimum of a B. S. degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university and 10 years of related field experience in control system design and programming.