In this position you will identify and recommend the purchase, modification and improvement of plant equipment. You will be responsible for managing site level capital projects and/or supporting larger corporate capital projects. This is a critical role as you will provide expertise in support of installation and retro-fit of varied and complex equipment. In addition, you will provide day-to-day equipment troubleshooting in support of maintenance and production. You will be the controls engineering subject matter expert when installing the equipment, so you will be expected to provide input into the development of standards, processes and procedures within the Athens Operations. This is considered a position where you will lead and mentor. You will also work with vendors to better understand the controls/electrical components of these machines.
- Diagnose and resolve causes of electrical and/or control malfunctions on all equipment.
- Assist in installing new electronic/electrical control equipment and making it operational.
- Develop engineering specifications for electrical control systems and equipment modifications.
- Provides technical support to maintenance and production.
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment, which fail to meet operating standards.
- Provide training and/or mentoring to technicians in support of the maintenance and operation of plant equipment.
- Research and implement cost-effective upgrades to the equipment and facilities.
- Update electrical drawings and schematics on production and plant equipment as required.
- Recommend the electrical spare parts inventory for all new and existing production equipment to insure maximum machine utilization.
- Support, test and deploy control system modifications and system upgrades.
- Assist in development of control system design and layouts.
- Modifies hardware and software of complex electrical and control systems to improve safety, reliability, throughput, cost of ownership, and operational readiness.
- Prepares and reviews equipment specifications and performs technical evaluation of vendor products/services.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of Industrial Automation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- PLC programming experience is required. Prefer Allen-Bradley systems experience. including a general understanding of Allen-Bradley industrial networks.
- Experience supporting HMI displays, preferably Allen-Bradley.
- Experience with robotic control or AGV systems is preferred.
- Experience with variable speed drives is preferred.
- Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting hydraulic controls and systems.
- Electrical switchgear and power distribution experience is a plus.
- Project management experience.
Carpenter Technology Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard