First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years.
We are seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Lewistown, PA . This position specifies, designs, and implements complex controls systems and software programming on production equipment and associated machinery; provides training and assists Controls Technicians in solving complex problems; may supervise or provide backup supervision of Controls Technicians.
Primary responsibilities include:
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills:
- Observes OSHA and company safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times. Remedies potentially dangerous electrical hazards and takes immediate corrective action. Demonstrated advanced National Electrical Code understanding by teaching others.
- Leads/supports internal Project & Process Engineers, Maintenance & Production personnel, OEM’s, vendors, and contractors to design, install, interface, and start up new equipment and process controls including: electrical component selection and approval, electrical design approval, software assessments & modifications, machine acceptance testing and problem identification and resolution.
- Responsible for specifying PLC’s, HMI’s, servo systems, motors, drives, vision systems and data collection and analysis software, based on company’s controls standards criteria. Evaluates and select electrical equipment from multiple sources.
- Assesses, identifies, schematically designs, and makes complex program modifications in PLC, HMI and servo controller logic to improve individual equipment and overall system performance. May delegate parts and oversee others completing this work. Provides quality checks to insure correct software development.
- Performs high level troubleshooting, in-depth critical thinking, and utilizes all internal & external resources to solve electrical, mechanical or process problems. Leads & assists others in troubleshooting machinery, equipment, components and programs including PLC’s, HMI’s, Servo systems and Robotics.
- Coordinates machine data collection and archiving as well as assists in the analysis of this data. This requires interfacing production and lab equipment to the plant network as well as maintaining and improving the data historian system.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with strong communications, leadership, planning, multi-tasking, and analytical skills. Direct PLC programming experience is preferred.
- Fluent in MS Office and exposure to CAD design software.
- Experience with complex machine networking, data processing, HMI software, and robotics is a plus.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...