GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Responsible for providing electrical expertise and skills in the design, fabrication, tryout, trouble shooting, and maintenance of electrical controls and circuits for the safe and efficient operation of plant manufacturing processes and auxiliary equipment in addition to providing technical expertise and skill in robot controls, PC's controllers, welding controls, automation devices, poka-yoke concepts and techniques.
* Work with Design, Quality, Manufacturing and IT, to scope and define test system requirements that meet process and regulatory requirements.
* Interface with Advanced Manufacturing Engineering activities in support of NPI, TCO, and cash generation programs.
* Provide technical leadership & in-depth expertise to investigate, initiate and drive the development, procurement and implementation of equipment & processes for manufacturing.
* Proven leadership experience in the definition, design, implementation and troubleshooting of manufacturing test systems
* Hardware experience should encompass microcontrollers, PC card I/O, PLC, distributed I/O, wireless networking, and a large diversity of instrumentation.
* Significant experience in electrical controls, pneumatics, and hydraulics.
* Significant relevant experience with manufacturing equipment and processes.
* Technical Degree (or equivalent experience.)
* Minimum 5 yrs hands on experience in manufacturing equipment.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Significant experience in manufacturing plant environment.
* Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto Cad and Outlook.
* Willing and able to travel for weeks at a time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
* Bachelors in Engineering preferred.
* Significant experience in implementing Lean process improvements in manufacturing operations.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program and the business.
* Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required.
* Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...