Resco is a privately owned company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Resco was founded in 1946 with a goal of becoming a leader in the specialty/monolithic refractories industry and has grown to become an innovative leader in the refractory industry with 14 plants located in six states and three countries. Our goal is to become THE preferred vendor in the refractory industry.
The Controls Engineer is a hands-on technical – engineering role reporting to the Director of Engineering. The Controls Engineer will drive continuous process improvement throughout the production and shipping of finished product. The Controls Engineer uses their strong engineering and technical capabilities to identify root cause and resolve issues or potential problems within the production environment. The Controls Engineer may work on corporate initiatives as well as focused projects at Resco’s production facilities.
- Able to design, develop and supervise all aspects of electrical controls systems, equipment and machinery.
- Will be responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Define, design, justify and execute improvement projects to increase capacity and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support the health, safety and environmental function and drive continuous improvements.
- Define and execute process related improvements including sequence and control schemes, productions consistency, material utilization and energy efficiency.
- Experience with Electrical and Process Controllers is required since the incumbent will support other Resco sites in executing projects involving process control.
- Able to manage or co-manage any type of Engineering project.
The Current Team:
The current engineering team is represented at the corporate office and across all manufacturing. Engineering works closely with Manufacturing, HSE, QA and other production personnel to define, implement and optimize our manufacturing processes.
The Controls Engineer is a self-motivated individual who is focused on process improvement throughout the organization. This individual is analytical, organized, and has the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the operation.
- 7+ years Engineering experience in industrial and manufacturing environment
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the use of statistical methods for process evaluation and improvement.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- RS Logix 5, 5000
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
- Experience with ISO quality systems a plus.
Resco offers competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD and LTD insurances,401(K) with Company match, 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy.