The Controls Project Engineer for New Belgium Brewing Company will be responsible for designing and drafting systems of electrical and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment in the brewery. This role will also perform development and troubleshooting of control programs for all areas of the brewery.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Develop controls software and HMI representation.
- Provide day to day and on-call support to production operators, mechanics, and electricians.
- Discusses project with Area Supervisor and Project Engineers to review functions of machines and equipment.
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control.
- Performs startups and troubleshooting of the automation software.
- Reviews schematics with project engineers to answer questions during installation of automation systems.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours/week). Salary range for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer science or engineering; or 7 years related experience and/or training.
- Proven knowledge of Opto 22, Rockwell, and Siemens S7 automation hardware and software.
- Deep knowledge of process industries as well as discrete manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of Wonderware application server and Archestra technology.
- Experience working with InTouch, InSQL, Wonderware MES, RsLogix 5000, Step7, PAC Control, MS SQL server and OPC.
- Ability to work independently on complicated automation tasks and provide guidance to production and engineering personnel.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Strong knowledge of Development, Design and Project Management software.
New Belgium Brewing Company employees enjoy: competitive wages and salaries, a generous benefits package including: life, health, dental insurance, 401(k), participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and a Profit Sharing plan.