BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This position works as an extension of the Engineering Manager to provide technical expertise to the plant. Responsible for developing and implementing process control logic on various plant capital projects. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing and providing input on controls and instrumentation aspects of capital purchases, executing purchases, determining physical layout and operational logic of equipment controls and ensuring compliance with Del Monte and plant standards. Position will assist in management of outside control engineering work as needed on projects.
When not on Capital Projects: Provide daily troubleshooting support, assisting with equipment and controls calibrations, optimizing existing controls to improve equipment performance and other control related items that may arise from day to day.
Position will play a key role in determining the plant’s long term process control architecture.
PRINCIPAL CONTINUING RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for:
• Responsible for the manufacture of pet foods which comply with all Food Safety, Quality and regulatory requirements
• Understanding and supporting the Del Monte Safety Program policies and performing work related activities in a safe manner
• Recognizing unsafe work conditions and suggest new safety standards as appropriate
• Operations Support-providing technical control support and resources to achieve safety, quality and production goals
• Ensure compliance with Del Monte plant floor information technology guidelines
• Ensure accuracy of plant floor data gathered, displayed and stored by various plant instrumentation
• Providing expertise in plant floor controls during capital installations
• Maintain up to date knowledge of current technology as it relates to the manufacture of pet foods
• Provide guidance on plant floor controls and instrumentation modifications and enhancements
• Safety and Environmental Compliance-Assist with plant safety and environmental issues to ensure a safe work environment that protects employees and equipment.
• Quality Assurance Compliance-Assist with plant Quality Assurance personnel to ensure all equipment and controls meets or exceeds Company standards.
• Understanding of general plant maintenance practices
• Observing machine operation for unusual activities, i.e. improper flow or movement
• Must be able to effectively communicate both one-on-one and in a meeting setting with all levels of the organization
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED and 2 year Technical Degree preferred.
Years of Experience: Min. 5 yrs manufacturing experience in a technical support role
Special Requirements: Must be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings; have excellent math skills; mechanical ability; and working knowledge of electrical circuits and PLC programming (Allen Bradley, Modicon), pneumatics and hydraulics. Also must have working knowledge of AutoCad.
Must be able to use electronic spreadsheets, word processors and email. Familiarity with computerized maintenance management systems would be helpful.
Must be up to date on the technology, equipment and capabilities of new and current process control equipment. The ability to communicate with others inside the process control industry is a must.
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agency solicitations. No third party recruiters.
Del Monte Foods - 10 months ago