Provides project engineering support to all process areas of the plant facilities. Assists in identifying, evaluating and selecting the Packaging Automation hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements. Assist in managing the controls and automation interface, testing, quality control, data retrieval, and training for all packaging and processing equipment. Determines the effectiveness and maintainability of new automation systems and manages the automation change process for existing equipment. Oversees Control Technicians and provides supervision, training development, and mentorship.
- Provide process controls support for the plant facilities. Assist with the implementation of facility control system standardization and process improvement tasks.
- Support operations with information reporting tools useful in analyzing and interpreting control system data.
- Develop and maintain facility As-Built Electrical, Controls, and Process Drawings. Develop and maintain control system documentation and documentation change control procedures.
- Assist in identifying, evaluating and selecting process controls hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements. Develop and manage controls related capital projects.
- Determine the maintainability of new process control systems and manage process controls change control procedures for existing equipment.
In addition to the position requirements above, the successful candidate will work with Human Resources to establish a training plan for operators, mechanics, and other technical positions to increase bench strength in electrical, controls and automation. Team building, process ownership and effective project/time management skills are a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related science.
- Working maintenance and programming knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, and other Allen-Bradley hardware.
- Perform Allen-Bradley PLC programming implementing RSLogix5, RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000 software.
- Perform Allen-Bradley PowerFlex Series, 1336 Plus II, 1305 and 160 variable frequency drive programming.
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet, Allen-Bradley Remote I/O and DeviceNet communication networks.
- Perform FIX 32, iFIX, (or equivalent) HMI/SCADA system programming.
- Program, troubleshoot and maintain Allen-Bradley PanelView (or equivalent) operator interface hardware.
- Install and maintain servo controllers, transmitters, and sensors.
This position is regularly scheduled Monday through Friday, however the Controls Automation Engineer supports a 24/7 environment and is expected to work nights, weekends, and some holidays if business need requires.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.