A position in one of Ultima Hospitality's hotels can be a fun and rewarding career!
Ultima Hospitality is rooted in a core set of values; these values are evident in all that we do. As an associate on our team, our expectation is that you demonstrate these core values throughout your day and use them as a guide in your decision making process.
- Integrity : adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character and honesty in all that you do
- Accountability : being accountable, liable, or answerable for personal actions & decisions
- Performance : completion of tasks with the highest level of achievement
- Passion : powerful or compelling emotion or feeling toward what you do that exudes in your daily work, dedication
Convention Services Manager
The Convention Services Manager is responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of group business turned over by the Sales Department. This positions monitors all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food & beverage and special concessions. This role will also be responsible for effectively communicating to all hotel departments the information necessary to successfully execute the group’s needs while maintaining a good client relationships.
Essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to):
Convention Services Managers should have an upbeat, professional demeanor. Candidates should possess superior communication, negotiation and selling skills. Compensation structures are in part based on meeting revenue goals as set forth by the Director of Sales at the hotel and the Corporate VP of Sales.
- Maintain strong client relations and ensure that convention specifications are communicated and executed for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
- Monitor and manage room blocks according to contract utilizing group history reports and information given by clients to maximize hotel revenue, making adjustments as necessary.
- Review sales contracts as well as other important information, i.e., room block, cut‑off date, special concessions and attrition clauses and validate with client via turnover letter.
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to release meeting space not needed to maximize hotel revenues.
- Produce and distribute convention resume two weeks prior to first day of main group arrival and communicate any changes and updated information to hotel departments.
- Complete & Distribute BEO's 10-14 days before the event to appropriate departments.
- Participate in and/or lead weekly BEO review meetings.
- Accurately forecast group rooms and group food & beverage revenues for assigned groups and affiliate business within a 5% variance.
- Check sleeping room and suite blocks, special room concessions and rates as outlined in contracts with group reservations agents, as well as updating group reservations agents with any changes.
- Participate in site visits and plan meetings for upcoming groups and potential affiliate business.
- Verify credit information submitted in account management software system at point of turnover, to include estimated amount of billing, billing type, and appropriate contact and update information as necessary until departure.
- Participate in Pre/Post‑Convention meetings and review bill with client.
- Superior Communication Skills (written & verbal, including phone skills)
- Computer Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Sales Software Knowledge Helpful (i.e. Delphi/SalesPro)
- Professional, Service Oriented Demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- Strong Attention to Detail & Organizational Skills
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required - College degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 Year of Management Experience in a similar position within the hospitality industry
- Food & Beverage Menu Knowledge & Pricing strongly preferred
- Superior Selling & Negotiation Skills - Proven ability to close deals
- Must have the ability to work evenings and weekends when events are scheduled
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have the ability to call on potential and current clients
- Must have the ability to walk, stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift/pull/carry up to 15lbs regularly and up to 30lbs occasionally.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V
Ultima Hospitality - 18 months ago