Drive optimized sales and profits for Converse and our partners in the US, focusing energy against the entire Converse selling cycle - financial planning, seasonal product sell in, in-season business / consumer information analysis and product distribution - recommending action steps and influencing key processes in each phase needed to maximize sales results
Drive Annual/Seasonal Business Planning Process and Execution Partnering with the sales team and other cross-functional partners, manage an integrated planning process which feeds key business players with timely, accurate assessments of the business, progress against key corporate goals, and ultimately drives in-market action that achieves and optimizes our business plans. Insure alignment between sales management and internal teams for the efficient execution of monthly/quarterly/seasonal wholesale shipping and retail sell through plans by gender, category, and door. Facilitate communication of final plans and key insights/plan updates to all involved parties through timely, actionable reporting. Continuously evaluate systems in place and drive an information infrastructure that further maximizes the process.
Drive the Business
Act as key partner and teammate with the sales, marketing, and merchandising Teams to deliver against corporate targets and objectives for the North America market. Prepare and analyze sales reports that will drive actionable results through the sales team, improve business for both Converse and our retail partners. Assist the sales and operations teams to manage key business processes/data points such as customer information, sell-thru, discounts, and distribution planning. Actively participate in the sell-in process with all key partners to include business proposal preparations, business plan, marketing support, and other key pieces of business as needed. Actively measure agreed upon KPIs to insure business is thriving across all activities.
Own Monthly S&OP process i
n conjunction with the sales team, drive regular business reviews and updates that insure business remains on track and informing cross functional teams as well. Insure alignment with financial targets and business activities. Work in tandem with the operational teams such as demand planning, account management, and so forth, so that everyone is aligned with up-to-date forecasts, business changes, and the GTM plan as a whole. Continuously evaluate systems in place and drive an information infrastructure that supports the process.
Champion Planning Process Cross-functionally Liaise with various groups across the organization to insure planning process is properly understood by key stake-holders across the company and thereby necessary inputs into the planning process are accurate, consistent, and available. Communicate updates to forecasts, account plans, strategic initiatives, etc., across the organization so that better alignment is cultivated between sales team and internal Converse. Insure communication and connection at all levels between the planning and merchandising processes. Actively connect with planning organization to share best practices, leverage resources, and insure processes are aligned as possible.
- Bachelors Degree in related field.
- Knowledge of MicroSoft Office applications is critical, especially knowledge of Excel, Access, and Word applications.
- 3+ years of business planning/merchandising footwear experience preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the footwear industry and trends in the marketplace; prefer a solid understanding of the Converse product lines.
- Must be able to develop an understanding of the customers, competitors and retail trends.
- Must be able to use sales financial data to make decisions and maximize account profitability.
- Must be able to develop and recommend seasonal assortments.
- Must be able to understand business issues, find creative ways to solve problems, and make sound decisions that benefit Converse.
- Must be able to develop and maintain fair and honest relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to influence and persuade business partners to take desired action.
- Must have good communication skills, including the abilities to elicit information, actively listen, dialogue freely, and verbalize ideas effectively.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clear, concise written messages through memos, e-mails and reports.
- Must be results orientated and make constant progress towards and achieve goals.
- Must consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be able to travel to assigned accounts or as deemed necessary (15%).
Yes, 15% of the time
Number of Openings
Background Check Required
Hurley - 18 months ago