Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans - enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
We are looking for a high caliber research scientist with broad expertise in the area of aluminum conversion chemistry & pretreatment. The preferred candidate will probably have a BSc in Applied Chemistry, Physics, or Materials Science and a Ph.D in some aspect of aluminum surface chemistry / conversion.
We are looking for someone who can quickly establish themselves as the lead scientist in our ongoing program to develop improved methods of converting aluminum surfaces to meet multiple and frequently conflicting surface property requirements.
- strong background in Al surface chemistry (oxidation, thin-film conversion chemistry etc).
- broad range of “hands-on “ surface analytical skills (e.g. FTIR, Raman, EIS, XPS, SIMS etc)
- broad experience of sample preparation for analytical studies and customer/QA testing,
- experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams,
- strong time management skills and a proven ability to multi-task,
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- experience of no-rinse, coil-to-coil pretreatment systems,
- experience of automotive materials & processing sequences,
- experience of surface conditioning sequences for canning, or packaging products,
- background in methods of surface functionalization,
- expertise in electrochemistry / corrosion & adhesion science,
- post-doctoral, or industrial experience in some aspect of the chemical conversion of aluminum surfaces,
- electron - optical experience (SEM, TEM etc) and micro-structure / properties.
US-Georgia-1950 Vaughn Road Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
Novelis - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard