Performs duties related to food service including; basic food preparation, pre-preparation of food for cooks to finish, recipe use/adherence, food handling and storage, cold food preparation, grill food preparation according to recipe and a variety of sanitation responsibilities. Provide relief coverage to cooks/baker.
1. Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English at level necessary to follow oral and written instructions and safety precautions.
2. Has knowledge of proper food temperatures and handling procedures.
3. Knowledgeable of food service management and production operations Procedures and techniques.
4. Must have knowledge of Health Department regulations.
5. Knowledge of portion control and recipe adherence.
6. Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
7. Bilingual desired (English, Spanish) but not required.
A. Work Experience:
Two years of food service experience required with experience in food preparation preferred. Graduation from an approved cooking or food service course approved by management may substitute for up to a year of experience.
Food Handlers card from City-County Health Department must be obtain within 30 days of employment.
C. Education and Training:
High school degree or equivalent required.
University Medical Center of El Paso - 20 months ago