Responsible for maintaining and setting up food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasoning and all other food items prepared in the different kitchen stations.
Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
Performs any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by supervisor
Keep floors dry and clean to avoid slip/fall accidents.
Performs other duties as requested, such as moving supplies and equipment, cleaning up unexpected spills.
Climbing stairs- Occasional
Near Vision- Constant
Far Vision- Frequent
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs) Occasional – up to 75+lbs.
Assimilate into The Hilton Family culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of PRIDE/CARE. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of the broiler, sauté, fry, roast, moist heat and other cooking methods.
• Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
• Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other team members.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on continuous schedule.
• Ability to stand and to work continuously in confined spaces.
• Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
• Safety shoes (slip resistant)
• Use of gloves/mitts (latex, vinyl, plastic, fabric. metal)
• Back belts for heavy lifting
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma required. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Three or more years cooking experience required. Prior hotel and restaurant cooking experience required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In Addition, this is hospitality business and a hospitality service atmosphere must be projected at all times .
EEO/AA & Drug Free Workplace
If you need a bed for the night, Hilton Worldwide (formerly Hilton Hotels) has a few hundred thousand of them. The company is one of the...